The UN Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights defenders, Ms Margaret Sekaggya, is seeking contributions for her report.
Now is the opportunity for human rights defenders to provide the United Nations with information on how States are using legislation, including criminal legislation, to regulate defenders' activities.
Human rights defenders and non-governmental organisations can submit feedback via a questionnaire, by 15 June 2012. Responses to the questionnaire will inform the annual report of the United Nations Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights defenders, Ms Margaret Sekaggya.
Member States, national human rights institutions and regional human rights mechanisms have also been asked to answer the questionnaire. The information provided will be used within the body of Ms Sekaggya’s report and will also be annexed to the report for illustrative purposes.
To find out more click here.
Previous Members news items
- 12/06/2012: CHILD LABOUR: UN Expert calls for boosted global campaign to end the practice
- 11/06/2012: EUROPE: Spread of 'baby boxes' alarms UN
- 07/06/2012: The Hungarian Ombudsman's findings about the legal regulation on missing children
- 06/06/2012: The Greek Ombudsman submits alternative report to the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child
- 01/06/2012: SYRIA: UN Child Rights Committee appalled at deliberate targeting of children
Organisation Contact Details:
International Service for Human Rights
Rue de Varembé 1, P.O. Box 16, CH-
Tel: + 41 22 733 51 23
Last updated 13/06/2012 12:01:25