or try the Advanced Search
1. Why, according to reports this week, are dozens of boys in Malaysia being sent to 'boot camp'?
A: To 'correct effeminate behaviour'
B: As a preparatory step towards joining the army
C: Because they refused to eat school meals
2. In which country did 15 children die as a result of the large explosion at an ammunition factory which civilians reportedly looted, and had been previously taken over by militants?
3. Why have a coalition of human rights organisations sent a petition to Council of Europe Member States?
A: To protest against proposals to impose fees on applicants to the European Court of Human Rights
B: To protest against the £30m cost of the Royal Wedding in a time of devastating cuts in public services
C: To wish them a happy Easter
4. What, in India, have been banned from employing children?
A: TV shows
C: Pop tribute bands
5. What is CRIN monitoring as part of its transparency campaign?
A: Restrictions on childrens rights defenders around the world
B: Government commitments to National Action Plans for children
C: The price of staple foods in countries with large economic surpluses
6. Who has abused his position, according to Prosecutor General Abdel Meguid Mahmoud?
A: Former Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak - by using complex business schemes to divert assets to offshore companies and personal accounts
B: Ban Ki Moon because he used his status as UN Secretary General to get to the front of the line at the Post Office
C: England's Prince William because he used his royal status to marry someone more attractive
7. Who or what said the UK must "consider holding a referendum on the desirability or otherwise of a written constitution, preferably republican"?
A: UN Secretary General Ban Ki Moon
B: US President Barack Obama
C: The UN Human Rights Council
8. The Committee on the Rights of the Child is a...?
A: UN fund
B: Treaty body
C: Special Procedure
9. What are alternative reports?
A: Reports submitted by NGOs to the Committee on the Rights of the Child (or any other treaty body)
B: Non-human rights reports submitted to the Human Rights Council
C: Child rights reports not produced by CRIN
10. What has Turkeys chief of Supreme Court of Appeals, Hasan Gerçeker, called for?
A: An international court for children's rights
B: The establishment of a Kurdish state
C: An end to the inhuman sentencing of children
Site by WebImperative Copyright © 2013 Child Rights International Network. All rights reserved.
عر بية | Français | Español |
Legal Notices | Site Map | Accessibility | Send to a friend