or try the Advanced Search
1. What is set to change at the Committee on the Rights of the Child?
A: Nine new members will be elected later this year
B: Committee members are going to be paid (membership is currently voluntary)
C: Children will be admitted as members
2. What is a 'Treaty Body'?
A: The person responsible for writing a treaty
B: The Committee which is set up to monitor State compliance with a treaty (e.g the Committee on the Rights of the Child)
C: A UN Committee for special occasions
3. What has Japan's Supreme Court rejected?
A: A law banning corporal punishment of children in the home
B: A law allowing children to represent themselves in court
C: A law denying citizenship to children born out of wedlock to Japanese fathers and foreign mothers
4. What do parents, staff and carers have to do before entering a nursery in the UK?
A: Recite the Convention on the Rights of the Child backwards
B: Pledge allegiance to Tinky Winky
C: Have their fingerprints scanned
5. What does a treaty, approved last week by more than one hundred nations, ban?
A: Nuclear weapons
B: Cluster bombs
C: Child labour
6. A new toolkit was published on CRIN this week. What is it called?
A: A toolkit for engaging with the Committee on the Rights of the Child
B: A child rights advocacy toolkit
C: The (child rights) Universal Periodic Review Toolkit
7. On what subject was a report by Save the Children released last week?
A: The abuse of children by peacekeepers and aid workers
B: Child labour in India's textile factories
C: Rights-based programming
8. What is the focus of Plan's State of the World's Girls 2008 report?
A: Girls in domestic labour
B: Girls in armed conflict
C: Girls in mining
9. How many times did UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Louise Arbour mention children in her last public speech to the Human Rights Council, which began this week?
10. According to Indian child labour activist Bhuwan Ribhu, as well as a "globalisation of commerce", we need...
A: "a globalisation of compassion"
B: "a reduction in greed"
C: "an expansion of love"
Site by WebImperative Copyright © 2013 Child Rights International Network. All rights reserved.
عر بية | Français | Español |
Legal Notices | Site Map | Accessibility | Send to a friend