or try the Advanced Search
1. What important child rights meeting is currently underway?
A: A session of the Committee on the Rights of the Child
B: A child rights session at the Human Rights Council
C: A UN Special Session on Child Survival
2. On what subject has the Council of Europe issued an information pack?
A: The right to health
B: Corporal punishment
C: Child survival
3. Who sits on the Committee on the Rights of the Child?
A: Independent experts
B: A mixture of children and independent experts
C: Government representatives
4. What is the Australian Government going to apologise about for the first time?
A: Taking Aboriginal (indigenous) children from their parents to be raised by white families in the 1900s
B: For the last administration's refusal to sign the Kyoto Protocol
C: For supporting the war in Iraq
5. What were 75 per cent of children in the southern Israeli town of Sderot found to be suffering from?
C: Post-traumatic stress
6. Human rights are...
A: hypercoagulable, edible and lovable?
B: universal, inalienable and indivisible?
C: smokeable, biodegradable and equiprobable?
7. What report was released by the UN Secretary-General this week?
A: The bi-annual report on children and emergencies
B: The annual report on children and armed conflict
C: UN guidelines on reporting on violence against children
8. What are special procedures?
A: Interrogation techniques used by the US government, carried out by robots and therefore not classified as torture
B: The initiation ceremony for employment at the UN
C: The general name given to the mechanisms at the Human Rights Council to address either specific country situations or thematic issues
9. In which region are nine of the twelve countries with the highest rate of child deaths?
A: East Africa
B: South Asia
C: West Africa
10. Polish doctor, writer and educationalist Janusz Korczak who once said: “There are many terrible things in the world, but the worst is...
A: when a child is forced onto the streets"?
B: when a child is afraid of his father, mother or teacher”?
C: when a child is hungry"?
Site by WebImperative Copyright © 2013 Child Rights International Network. All rights reserved.
عر بية | Français | Español |
Legal Notices | Site Map | Accessibility | Send to a friend