or try the Advanced Search
Have you been keeping up to date with child rights information? Take this week's brain teaser and find out!
1. Why was a child in Azerbaijan denied a birth certificate?
A: Because his parents were divorcing
B: Because his parents wanted to register him with a Christian name
C: Because he had immigrated, along with his parents, from Chechnya
2. What, said experts this week, has been rising as a result of the war in Iraq?
A: School truancy
B: Family stability
C: Domestic violence towards children
3. What does a state in Nigeria say drug company Pfizer has done?
A: Withheld life-saving drugs from mothers who refused to help advertise the product
B: Experimented on children with meningitis
C: Offered to provide free HIV and AIDS drugs to 'sponsored' families
4. Which country has been condemned for tolerating violence against children?
5. What discriminatory statement did Ewa Sowinska, Poland's Ombudswoman for Children, make this week?
A: She questioned whether a male children's TV character, carrying a handbag, could promote homosexuality
B: She asked if banning alcohol in public places might promote religious fundamentalism among the young
C: She suggested allowing girls to have short hair at school could increase the number of single parent families
6. What powers have United Kingdom schools been given?
A: The right to fine parents who fail to make healthy lunches
B: The right to search pupils suspected of carrying knives
C: The right to confiscate 'fundamentalist propoganda'
7. Which two-year-old law has Ghana promised to start enforcing following a 'grace period'?
A: A law prosecuting parents who sell their children to traffickers
B: A law prohibiting children under the age of 12 from working in a commercial setting
C: A law prosecuting fathers and husbands who assault members of their own family
8. What, according to a new study, is depriving orphans of aid in Botswana?
A: The theft of food and medical aid from village stores
B: The stigma of HIV and AIDS
C: The stigma of being labelled poor
9. What do G8 countries say they need to combat child pornography?
A: Help from the private sector
B: Greater powers to regulate internet providers
10. What percentage of all new HIV infections worldwide occured in babies who acquired the virus from their mothers, according to estimates?
A: Four per cent
B: 14 per cent
C: Nine per cent
Site by WebImperative Copyright © 2013 Child Rights International Network. All rights reserved.
عر بية | Français | Español |
Legal Notices | Site Map | Accessibility | Send to a friend