Child Rights Connect depends on donations to conduct its work. Find out how you can help.
Members of Child Rights Connect form working groups on particular themes and issues related to the Convention on the Rights of the Child in order to strengthen their actions in advancing child rights with the UN System and other international fora. The groups are a platform for discussion and debate as well as for joint action.
Working Groups are currently working in the following areas:
- Children and Violence: Facilitates NGO follow-up to the recommendations of the UN Study on Violence against Children.
- Children without Parental Care: Promotes and contributes to drawing up international standards for the protection of children without parental care, and to secure their adoption by the UN General Assembly.
- Communications Procedure: Works as part of the Ratify OP3CRC International Coalition for the OPCRC on a Communications Procedure (OP3CRC) and provides updates on the ratification campaign.
- Human Rights Council: Aims to ensure that the Human Rights Council addresses the specific rights and situations of children worldwide in its work.
- Indigenous Children: Provides advice and support to the Committee on the Rights of the Child on the development of a General Comment Link to CRC General Comments on Indigenous Child Rights.
- Universal Birth Registration: Promotes universal birth registration through United Nations human rights and humanitarian bodies, as well as other key institutions.
- Children of Incarcerated Parents: Raises awareness about children with parents in prisons at the Human Rights Council, as well as among UN treaty bodies, the UN Office on Drugs and Crime, and regional and national bodies.